Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Artificial Rain

Alright, so for dinner my sister and I decided to go out to eat. Although it was raining during the afternoon, the sun was out around the time we left the house. We went to a restaurant with one of my sister's friends and had one dish: sweet potato covered in brown sugar. It didn't sound good when my sister explained it to me in Chinese, but now that I've tried it, it's GOOD. We decided to try several restaurants and maybe eat 1-2 dishes per place, but that did not happen because it started pouring. There was lightning, strong winds, and of course, rain. The rain was thundering and felt similar to a typhoon. We took our umbrellas and started walking/running outside after eating at the restaurant, and decided to have some bao bing(shaved ice) somewhere. Luckily, the shaved ice place is right across from my host family's house, so it wasn't too far of a walk. We entered the shop dripping wet, splattering the floor with water. The employees immediately gave us napkins about the size of two novels stacked on top of each other. Afterwards, we went to a Korean restaurant and had bibimbap. ^__^ 
I'm not sure if today's rain was man made because it rained for such a long time, but yesterday's and the day before yesterday's were probably artificial, according to the news, several of my friends, some host siblings, and my host grandma. It hasn't rained for a while, and it's been extremely hot, so the rain really made everything better.

sweet potato covered with brown sugar 

raining really hard

this was yesterday, when we went to the same shaved ice shop we went today. I didnt get pictures from the shaved ice shop today, so ill just post the ones from yesterday. 

Korean restaurant

bibimbap takeout 

grandma made wontons from scratch 


No comments:

Post a Comment