Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

One More Week

I can't believe this is my last weekend in Hangzhou! Everything went by so fast, and I'll be heading back on Sunday morning (08/11/13). I didn't really get to go anywhere this week because I've been working on my project. I changed topics from boba to bargaining because we are supposed to conduct three interviews as part of the project, but it was hard to interview people about boba. My presentation is tomorrow!!!!!!!! D;

I did quite a few things during the fifth week. I went to Leifang pagoda (where the story of the white snake is), trash picking in Hangzhou's botanical garden, went to xi xi park (a wetland) with my sister's family, went back to He Fang Jie, went for more street food, and went park dancing with my grandma + her friends.

Some other things that happened this week:
1) While I was on an extremely crowded bus on one of the earlier days of the week, there was a lady with high heels (like 4-5 inches) that stood next to me. The bus suddenly jerked when a stoplight turned red, and the lady with the heels stepped on my toe. It was an extremely unpleasant experience. Partially because her heel directly landed on my toe, and partially because she was quite a big lady.

2) On Friday some of my friends and I went to get some street food. We bought three bowls of fried noodle, which were 7元 each. We also got two bottles of water, which where 2元 each. It all came out to be 25元. We paid them before we got out food. While we ate, we sat at a table near the shop, and when we finished, the workers asked for money. I couldn't believe it. We JUST paid for it before we got our food, and now they're asking for more money????!!? We pointed to the guy that we paid, and he just shook his head. There were 4 workers who accused us of not paying, so what'd we do? We just paid them 25元 again. Everytime I see those noodles, I'm going to be reminded of this story. I'm never going back there again, even if those noodles were pretty good. It's okay though, there's only a week left.

3) I went online shopping in China! Everything is so cheap here. There are two websites called Mogujie and Taobao that are extremely cheap and have fast shipping! It only takes at the most 3 days for the items to arrive. I ordered some things 2 days ago and everything has already arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment