Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sixth and Final Week

I'm writing this on Thursday (08/08/13 China time) and posting it tomorrow (Friday) because I don't have wi-fi at the moment. Tomorrow is my Chinese final, and after that I'm basically done with the academic portion of the program! On Saturday we'll be having a graduation ceremony. It will be composed of different performances and also lunch at a restaurant in Zhejiang University with ALL of our host families, our teachers, the resident directors, the principle, and of course, us. I was planning to blog earlier this week, but I had no time, so i just decided to post pictures of everything I've done the past few days with captions/short paragraphs.  


So..the sixth and final week. I have basically two more days left (Sunday doesn't count because we're leaving to the Shanghai airport in the morning). On Friday I'll be spending time with my friends exploring Hangzhou, and on Saturday I'm going to spend the day with my family (after the graduation ceremony). I'm going to really miss Hangzhou. I teared up twice this week already, and I'm not even leaving yet. The first time was when one of my classmates asked our teacher, Li Lao Shi, if he was going to miss us, and he said, "Don't ask me that, you're going to make me cry." I love Li Lao Shi, he's the best teacher. The second was today, when my host sister started talking about the next time we will meet, which will be in the US because she's going to attend college there for maybe 2 years. My grandma also told me today that I have less than three dinners with them left. Two days!!!!!

great breakfast! noodles, green bean soup (like the red bean one), and cantalope juice. ^__^

my grandma made a special meal. she said that it takes a long time and is a bit hard to make. 

inside is pumpkin, some other vegetables, and some meat

On Tuesday night we went to Haley's house for dinner. I didn't actually eat there because of my grandma's special dinner, but there were LOTSS of food. Btw her house is very nice.

We went to a night market near Haley's house afterwards. There were so many clothing shops I didn't know what to do. Everything was also cheap, like about 15-35 yuan for clothes.

On Wednesday we took an excursion to a tea museum.

張 老 師!

李 老 師!

This is when we went to an English corner, where Chinese people can come to practice their English.

We were on our way to sell flowers. My sister and her classmates folded paper flowers to sell on Valentine's day in order to raise money for poor kids in the rural areas. 

u

No comments:

Post a Comment