Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Funday Saturday


Saturdays can be fun too, right?

On Saturday morning I went to the silk market with my grandma. There weren't many people, but it was really hot. Many of the stores in the silk market like to keep their prices high during this time of the year, so I didn't end up getting too many things. I really didn't want to spend much money while I was there. Everytime my grandma asked if I wanted to buy something from the store we were in, I would say no. She would then tell me she will pay for it if I wanted it but didn't want to spend money. I still said no, and the majority of the time she would buy it anyways for me. Overall, I spent about 600 元 at the silk market..........
If I paid for the other things that my grandma bought for me, I probably would have spent approx. 800-900 元.

In the afternoon I met up with Alex, and we spent time together with my host family. We went to the new house and watered the plants and then returned home for dinner. Alex and I went out at night again for some more meat on a stick and shaved ice. My host sister looooves Alex. She was so excited to meet her, and now everytime I say the name Alex she has a smile on her face.

Oh yeah my grandpa, aunt, and cousin are going on a trip to an island near Beijing for a week, so starting today
I will be living with my sister, grandma, and uncle.


taking a taxi to the silk market

a dress that my grandma got me 

No comments:

Post a Comment