Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Tiger Run

(7/14/13 China time) 
My grandpa always wants to take me somewhere over the weekend, and this morning we went to 虎 跑 (Directly translates to tiger run). I asked if we were going for a jog, and my family all laughed. The site is called "Tiger run," but there are no tigers or running. My host aunt and cousin also came along, since they've never been there. Although Hangzhou is normally very hot and humid during the summer, the site we went to was very cool and had lots of wind (涼 快). There were also LOTS of tourists, both from China and other countries. I'm not really sure what the site is supposed to be about, but all I know is that they are famous for their water. It comes from the mountain and streams down into the area, and lots of people bring loads of empty bottles to fill it with the water. We were lucky today because there wasn't a long wait to get the water; my grandpa told me that sometimes there's a line with a wait of 3-4 hours JUST for it. I'm really glad that I have grandparents living with me because my sister is usually busy with summer work and my host aunt and uncle are very busy with their businesses. My grandpa is the one who takes me around Hangzhou to explore, and my grandma will later take me to the silk market. Afterwards, my aunt took me to their second house. Apparently my host family has two houses: one they call the "old house" and the other "new house." The second house is sooooo nice. It has a modern design and is just really pretty. The house I'm living in is not as nice as the other, but it's near everyone and my aunt calls it 熱 鬧 (lively; bustling). The nicer house is of course NICER, but it has a very quiet neighborhood and a bit further from the city life. My family usually stays in the older house (where I'm living in) over the weekdays and stay in the newer house on the weekends. I asked my grandpa where I could buy quality tea in Hangzhou because my family likes tea, and he told me not to go buy some because he wants to give me some of his. He said that some ones you can buy are fake, and the ones he gave me are the authentic ones from the gardens in the mountains (荼 葉 山). He gave me two cans of Long Jing Cha and one can of Fu Jian Cha. I really like the FuJian cha because it's so fragrant. The Longjing cha is not my favorite, but it's the most famous tea in Hangzhou. My host cousin wanted to buy swimming gear, so we went to a mall after that. 

By the way, Chinese peaches are the bomb. 






--
  ()__()
 ( '  .  ' )
 (\/)_(\/) Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment