Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

Every day I take the bus to and from school. I felt comfortable using the bus these past few days because there weren't too many people in it, and also my host sister went with me. Today, however, I went on the bus alone, and school ended at the unusual 5 PM. The bus was extremely crowded, and I could barely breathe; it was the worst experience for me so far in Hangzhou. 5 PM is rush hour (I assume), and every part of my body felt uncomfortable in there. The ride seemed to take extremely long because of traffic, and that made everything harder for me. You can't move at all, or you'll run into someone. Every part of your body will be touching something; either the inside of the bus or someone else..LITERALLY. The bus was filled with various odors, both good and bad, but mainly bad. I just hope I never have to use the bus during that time ever...if I come across it then I'll just choose to walk. It's much better walking a long distance than being sandwiched between different people and body odors for half an hour.

Although that was true for today, yesterday was an amazing day to take the bus. When I went on the bus to leave for school with my sister, there were only six people on the bus, including us and the bus driver. Usually the bus would have much more people, so it was strange. Did you know that even at 6:30 AM, the buses are starting to get full? My host sister and I always leave the house at 6:30 AM and head for the bus station. All the seats are always taken, so normally we stand during the ride. Here's a picture of how it looked yesterday on the bus....we got to sit!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment