Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hanging in Hangzhou

This post will mainly be about different things I've done since my arrival in Hangzhou that I haven't yet mentioned. I feel as if there's so much to talk about but not enough time for me to continuously blog. As my attendance to school increases, so does the workload, but I'll promise to keep blogging as much as I can!

Upcoming Events:
7/12 - leave at 2 PM for Suzhou (after school)
7/13 - get back from Suzhou
7/14 - go to a tea garden that is owned by my friend's host grandparents.

So yeah...I'm going to Suzhou!
I was kind of upset when I heard that the people in Suzhou get to go to Shanghai for the weekend and wondered why the Hangzhou kids couldn't go to Shanghai instead. I guess it'll still be fun because we'll get to go out of the city?!?!

Here are just some random events that I've experienced these past two weeks.

Okay so on the first week my friends and I decided to walk to Walmart. I was excited because my expectations for Walmarts in China were high. I thought they were going to be high-class and very nice. I was wrong. The Walmart in Hangzhou didn't exactly meet my expectations. It was kind of Iike other Chinese stores, but with items somewhat resembling what is sold in the US. I just have to make sure that I don't keep very high expectations for places and things I'll be doing, so that I won't be upset.

on the way to Walmart (War Mar as the Chinese say) 
who doesn't love Chinese?

No comments:

Post a Comment