Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Lingyin Temple and West Lake

Lingyin temple is one of the biggest and most famous temples in China, and everyone who travels to Hangzhou, or even other places in Zhejiang Province, plans to visit it. I personally wasn't extremely interested or had an absolutely amazing time there. One, we went during the hottest time of the day. Two, there were lots and lots of people. Three, there were several buildings filled with similar statues. I do have to say that many parts of the temple were pretty and has an interesting history/story to it. There was one story that a monk never showered and so rubbed medicine on himself everyday
in order to stay clean. The tour guide also told us he saved a village from a flying rock. We were then given an hour to explore the temple ourselves. The Asians in my group wanted a picture together afterwards, and so we also did that.

Last week, I went to West Lake with my classmates for an excursion. We didn't actually walk around the lake and explore what's there, but instead rode a boat on the lake with a roof to avoid the scorching sun. I'm glad I went to the lake earlier with my grandpa because we really didn't do much when we went as a group.



the monk I was talking about earlier slept under this rock. 
all Asian picture!
had mung bean smoothie afterwards 


Christine using an umbrella to block the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment