Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Some of Weeks 4-5

View outside from my host family's balcony.

she's using the lotion I have her :)

my sister and her classmates are selling paper flowers in boxes for Valentine's Day in August. one box = 60 元.

So a few days ago the door of the bus fell right after I went on and scanned my bus card.

who wouldn't love this?

watching the voice of China!


At school!

their gym

culture class: tea

bonding time for Alex and her sister 

in class

tongue twisters 

having our teacher try gold fish 

for my mosquito bites but it doesn't actually help 

what happens when a cockroach that has been wandering around for several weeks in our class is finally found. 

watching Kung fu panda 2 

our teacher made us cookies!

when there's wi-fi

Kung Fu yesterday!

there was a man staring at us the whole bus ride 


Do you know how much this tiny cup of froyo was? 20 元. I think that's pretty expensive for yogurt in China. I went to a bakery with two of my classmates, and one said that the frozen yogurt was cheap here, so I wanted some. It's actually REALLY expensive. I was guessing it's 5-10 元, but no, it's 20!!!!!! I can get a shirt if I had 15 more yuan with that 20. I know when you convert 20 it's actually only a bit more than $3, but with a little more than $3 I can get a pretty good amount of yummy iplain tart yogurt with toppings on it in Yogurtland back in LA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment